Legal Service of Process Coordinator
A closer look at this position:
Provide support to the Legal Service of Process Unit and handle administrative work related to the legal service of process items, including subpoenas, writs of executions, garnishments, levies and regulatory inquiries for the organization’s core retail and prepaid businesses. The Legal Service of Process Coordinator will track and log incoming legal documents in appropriate tracking mechanisms and perform callbacks on behalf of the department.
As a Legal Service of Process Coordinator, you will:
- Process and distribute correspondence, faxes and email received in group mailboxes or forwarded from other departments to the appropriate analyst.
- Enter historical information into the subpoena and levies & garnishment database.
- Track and log the progress of each legal document and any related inquiries in accordance with department processes and procedures.
- Follow up as needed on requests to other internal teams to ensure timely responses.
- Coordinate records production and responses working closely with management to resolve any missing or incomplete items.
- Conduct research as needed, including utilizing a variety of customer databases and information stores to determine the appropriate analyst work should be assigned to.
- Escalate questions and concerns to the Team Lead.
- Assist management and team in generating reports and metrics on volume, timeliness, response rates, missing documents, status of open subpoenas, and other related measures.
- Develop close working relationships with others both within and outside the department to address and resolve issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Perform other related legal assignments as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- An associate’s degree in legal studies or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience in the financial or banking industry.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in legal/regulatory, insurance or financial services environment.
- Strong working knowledge of retail banking, prepaid or credit card operations, customer service or new business preferred.
- Good working knowledge with federal and state AML regulations including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent researching and time management skills with strong focus on attention to detail
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer