Director, Enterprise Compliance Manager
Head an enterprise compliance team. Provide Compliance Advisory support and oversight to one or more lines of business and internal stakeholders. In addition to advisory support, the responsibilities include providing regulatory exam and audit responses, CMS dashboards, compliance risk assessments and third party compliance SME reviews.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage compliance staff. Conduct interviews, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Oversee audit and exam responses and manage efforts to build and document infrastructure and repository of information provided to regulatory authorities and governing bodies and establish a platform from which to easily access and obtain historical and current information.
- Lead CMS dashboard activities. Design, develop and implement comprehensive dashboards which identify, track and monitor key metrics for the enterprise compliance team. Deliver reports and presentations on the dashboards to senior leadership.
- Direct compliance risk assessments, monitoring program oversight and enhancements. Oversee all required improvements resulting from Compliance Risk Assessments to ensure that items are addressed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Manage marketing collateral reviews for all lines of business. Ensure adherence to all applicable compliance rules and regulations.
- Lead Third Party Compliance SME reviews and provide advisory guidance as needed.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with the various business clients and internal partners, Legal, Third Party Oversight, Financial Crimes Risk Management and line of business representatives.
- Advise management on areas of regulatory risk or regulatory changes as they are identified along with proposals for corrective measures which need to be implemented.
- Maintain operational standards in accordance with best-in-class and internal compliance rules, regulations, policies and procedures, e.g., ensure documented procedures and program details address each functional role within the division.
- Maintain centralized and consistent documentation and reporting for various stakeholders including the Board of Directors, various Risk Committees and the executive management team.
- Act as a subject matter expert, advising the team and clients on day-to-day, elevated and complex compliance issues, rules, and regulations. Partner with other compliance team members, including business unit liaisons to document and describe remedial actions as necessary.
- Maintain subject matter expertise and ongoing awareness of the requirements of applicable law, FDIC supervisory guidance, and industry best practices in the areas of consumer and commercial deposit and lending regulations (Including but not limited to ECOA; Reg B and Fair Housing Act; HMDA and Reg C; Reserve requirements and Reg D; EFTA and Reg E; EFAA and Reg CC; GLBA and Reg P; TILA and Reg Z; TISA and Reg DD; FACTA and Red Flag Rules; UIGEA and Reg GG; Section 5 of the FTC Act and Unfair Trade Practices regulations (UDAAP); RESPA and HUD Reg X; Flood requirements, E-SIGN Act, and other related laws and regulations impacting the compliance function).
- An undergraduate degree in business or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Preference given to candidates with JD.
- A minimum of 10 years related to regulatory compliance in banking or financial services industry, specifically experienced with federal and state regulatory agency relationships.
A minimum of 7 years of management/leadership experience with demonstrated ability to develop talent and manage team members in numerous locations.
Experience in and knowledge of Consumer regulations is a must.
- Ability to understand key business and strategic objectives of the company and integrate business, legal and regulatory concepts to provide sound compliance advice.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and professionally interface with senior executives, business unit management and staff, state and federal regulators and officials, outside counsel and significant business partners.
- Demonstrate familiarity with retail payment banking regulations as described above.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment where matrixed leadership is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer