The Bancorp, The Official Bank of Money20/20, today announces the release of its third Finetics™ Studio interview series: “The Future of Faster Payments and Innovation” featuring Janet O. Estep, CEO, NACHA—The Electronic Payments Association, Rahul Gupta, Group President, Billing and Payments, Fiserv, Sean Rodriguez, Faster Payments Strategy Leader and Senior Vice President, Federal Reserve System and Matt Carberry, Vice President Business Development, Payments, The Bancorp.
We are learning that it’s about real-time in every way and we should modernize our payments systems to reflect that.
Filmed from the Money20/20 show floor, the exclusive interviews feature conversations with industry insiders on the current status and future evolution of faster payments and the implications of changes on consumer and businesses alike.
“We are learning that it’s about real-time in every way and we should modernize our payments systems to reflect that,” said Rodriguez. “There are huge benefits to having consumers and businesses manage their financial lives in real-time.”
“The challenge is not only moving payments faster or in real-time but also having everyone move them in the same way, as well as being able to move the information attached to the payments at the same time, so you can complete the payment process,” added Estep. “Having payments with information is part of what we have with ACH today, so thinking about how much information can flow with the payment in real-time is one of the things that everyone needs to start working through.”
The release of these four videos supports The Bancorp’s Finetics™ Studio video series, which features one-on-one conversations with more than 30 of the financial services industry’s most influential and innovative executives, launched late last year.
The interviews, conducted by Sarah Gill, senior reporter with PaymentEye, cover topics ranging from the future of payments innovation to financial inclusion and the customer experience to fraud and will be released on The Bancorp’s fineticsblog.com throughout early 2016.
You can see the latest set of Finetics™ Studio videos here.
Finetics™ Studio participants include the following executives:
- Rene Lacerte, CEO and Founder, Bill.com
- Talbott Roche, President, Blackhawk Network
- Ben Katz, CEO and Founder, Card.com
- Robert Carr, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Heartland Payment Systems
- Brent Warrington, CEO, Hyperwallet
- Lars Sandtorv, CEO, MeaWallet
- Hamed Shahbazi, CEO, TIO Networks
- Stefan Happ, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Global Emerging Payments, American Express
- Janet O. Estep, CEO, NACHA—The Electronic Payments Association
- Brad Fauss, President and CEO, Network Branded Prepaid Card Association
- Tony Craddock, Director General, Emerging Payments Association
- Cherian Abraham, Mobile Payments & Commerce, Experian Plc.
- Dan Rosen, Founder and General Partner, Commerce Ventures
- Suresh Vaghjiani, Executive Vice President, Card Services, Global Payment Systems
- Barrie VanBrackle, Partner and Payments Specialist, Manatt, Phelps and Phillips
- Marilyn Bochicchio, CEO and Founder, Hidden Brain
- Chris Byrd, Executive Vice President–Healthcare Operations Officer, Evolution1
- Rahul Gupta, Group President, Billings and Payments, Fiserv
- Julie Conroy, Research Director, Aite Group
- Peter Read, President, Peoples Card Services
- Kenneth M. Goins, Jr., CEO and Board Member, Brightwell Payments
- Render Dahiya, CEO, Arroweye Solutions
- Sean Rodriguez, Faster Payments Strategy Leader and Senior Vice President, Federal Reserve System
- Steve Kirsch, CEO, Token
- Ryan Caldwell, Founder and CEO, MX
- Anil Aggarwal, Founder and Chairman, Money20/20
- Pat Patel, Content Director, Money20/20 Europe
- Pawneet Abramowski, Senior Vice President, Director AML & Sanctions Risk Management, The Bancorp
- Jeremy Kuiper, Managing Director, Payment Solutions, The Bancorp
- Matt Carberry, Vice President Business Development, Payments, The Bancorp
- Gail Ball, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, The Bancorp
- Pete Chiccino, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, The Bancorp
- Kriya Patel, Managing Director, Payment Solutions, Europe, The Bancorp
- Charles Crawford, Senior Vice President, Payments Acceptance, The Bancorp