VP Enterprise Compliance Manager
Manage and administer the bank’s compliance risk management program in collaboration with the Compliance Officer.
- Trains internal and external clients on compliance requirements through a variety of methods including one on one or staff meetings, memos, educational presentations, and providing guidance on specific situations.
- Keeps abreast of relevant laws, regulations, and supervisory guidance. Informs management, clients and interested parties of new and modified compliance requirements.
- Reviews and updates policies, procedures and disclosures as needed for adherence with applicable laws and regulations. Assists in the development of compliance-related policies and procedures.
- Assists in creating and maintaining company standards related to higher risk products, services, and practices. Ensures documentation and training materials are current to minimize risks.
- Performs compliance reviews and risk assessments on new programs and initiatives.
- Performs ongoing evaluation of third parties requiring enhanced oversight.
- Participates in onsite due diligence reviews of key third party service providers.
- Reviews elevated marketing materials for adherence to regulatory requirements and bank standards, providing guidance and advice to bring the materials into compliance.
- Oversees monitoring and testing to ensure that activities are completed in accordance with approved schedules. Identifies corrective action and follows up to ensure implementation.
- Builds and maintains close working partnerships with internal and external clients to ensure they seek advice and counsel when needed on compliance issues.
- Prepares and presents compliance reports and executive summaries of compliance activities including concerns, issue trends and patterns, etc. and discuss recommendations for initiating additional controls and audits.
- Acts as a subject matter expert, advising the team and clients on day-to-day, elevated and complex compliance issues, rules, and regulations. Partner with clients to develop solutions and recommendation to meet compliance needs.
- Assists in the management of compliance-related audits and examinations. Gathers relevant documentation as requested, meet with auditors to respond to questions, prepare audit responses as needed, and implement actions recommended by auditors and examiners.
- Manages compliance analyst team. Interviews, hires, sets high performance standards, and manages team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Creates a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspires confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develops and coaches’ staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Seven years compliance experience in the banking or financial services industry.
- CRCM certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of federal consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer