VP, Business Governance and Communications
Act as an internal expert on BSA/AML and OFAC regulatory changes, assess impact to Financial Crimes policies, procedures, systems and documentation. Ensure regulatory and legal changes are incorporated into required documentation and procedures and communicated to employees through an effective change management process.
- Promote a strong culture of understanding and compliance with all BSA/AML related bank policies, regulations and laws. Prepare communications as needed with support from the Corporate Marketing team.
- Coordinate the implementation of BSA/AML and OFAC related enterprise requirements with each business line to ensure compliance.
- Prepare and analyze materials for BSA and Board level committees
- Maintain awareness of and monitor all incoming regulatory and policy changes, determine impact on policies, procedures, risk models, systems, etc. and communicate to all affected parties.
- Provide input and advice to the FCRM staff on policy issues.
- Prepare and present management reports and recommendations for action as needed in response to changing industry regulations. Identify and select approaches and solutions to ensure compliance by the established deadlines.
- Develop, update and maintain BSA/AML/OFAC policies. Recommend, manage and communicate updates as needed.
- Review, track, disseminate and ensure all policy change and related documentation is continually updated, maintained and provided for changes to policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Design, implement and maintain AML risk assessments on a continuous basis.
- Ensure system validation, BSA/AML audits and related activities are planned, scheduled and conducted. Maintain calendar of all scheduled governance activities required.
- Develop, design and conduct change management training related to implementing new policies and procedures in partnership with training. Provide expertise on questions or issues involving required documentation.
- Collaborate with the Systems Intelligence team to determine the downstream impacts of changes to rules, risk models, and processes on the FCRM organization.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with the array of business lines and internal and external partners to foster a strong compliance focus throughout the organization.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field with a Masters/JD degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience in risk assessments and/or compliance with at least 5 years policy/advisory experience in BSA/AML and OFAC rules and regulations.
- Technical writing experience in policy, procedure and risk assessments with demonstrated ability to write and implement corporate policies.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification preferred
- Strong working knowledge of business lines including one or more of the following areas: Payments, Leasing, Institutional Banking and/or Small Business Lending
- In depth knowledge of BSA/AML and OFAC rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence, gain trust and negotiate with others to produce desired results
- Good organizational skills with proven ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated skill in policy writing and implementation
- Ability to foster working relationships with people across multiple lines of business and supporting organizations
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
"The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer