Systems Engineer III
The Systems Engineer III is seen as a subject matter expert in one or more complex enterprise technologies, applying proven problem solving, communication and analytical skills. Represents IT on strategic projects and may lead internal IT initiatives. Leads the design and implementation of all infrastructure-related systems and services. Ensures the availability, security, and integrity of both on-premise and cloud infrastructure and related technologies in support of core organizational functions. Functions as a technical escalation and mentor for junior team members.
- Architect, build, and maintain complex infrastructure solutions both on premise and in the cloud. Manage and support applicable technology areas including enterprise directory services, server compute/storage hardware, hypervisors, messaging and collaboration platforms, infrastructure software/tools, and Microsoft O365 server-based products and related technologies.
- Functions as a subject matter expert and escalation point for one or more advanced technologies. Interfaces with project teams on higher complexity designs. Consults with third parties on SaaS and PaaS integrations ensuring that Bank standards are used where applicable. Mentors junior team members to develop skill sets and educate on departmental standards and policies.
- Leads or participates in the design and implementation of all infrastructure-related systems and services required to meet strategic objectives, client SLAs, and project schedule commitments. Advises management on recommended solutions to ensure that proposed and existing systems/architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements baseline security standards and server hardening controls following the CIS and NIST frameworks. Maintains infrastructure security and conducts technical reviews to identify and mitigate potential security concerns. Ensures baseline security features are properly implemented and functional on all systems. Installs, manages and supports security-based applications and related tools.
- Develops automated processes for common tasks using PowerShell and other scripting languages. Monitors and tunes systems and storage to achieve optimum performance levels. Provides systems and storage performance statistics and reports.
- Leads or participates in the development of key process improvements to the client/server and core infrastructure services environment. Researches software, systems and storage products and technologies to justify recommendations and support purchasing efforts.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of best practices surrounding architectural design, security, and integration of supported systems and technologies. Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Acts as a technical escalation for incidents and outages. Responds to escalated issues in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs). Applies proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues in support of business processing requirements.
- Leads or participates in the development, testing, and implementation of infrastructure related business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Collaborates with other functional areas within IT to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business requirements.
- Complies with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to the systems documentation, policies, and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years technical position experience supporting server environments.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge with various technologies such as: AWS and Azure Cloud, Windows Server, VMware, IIS, PowerShell, GPOs, Cisco UCS, O365, DNS, DHCP and storage (SAN/NAS) technologies
- Industry standard certification (ex. AWS, VMware, Microsoft).
- DevOps experience, a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Position requires a flexible schedule. Off-hours support required using a rotating on-call schedule.
- Position is required to travel (<5%) domestic and/or international.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer