Senior Tag and Title Clerk
Lead a team of title clerks to prepare and process title/registration documents for the Fleet Management Division. Responsible for reporting, training, assignment of work, addressing escalated issues as reported by sales and management; meeting with management on a regular basis to discuss any trends or issues within the team, participating in meetings and projects related to process and technology changes for tag and title team.
- Oversees the title team in the preparation and processing of title/registration documents.
- Supervises processing of new title/registrations, registration renewal and state to state transfers and ensures all legal documentation is complete and accurate for submission to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Maintains a list of outstanding title work in process. Works with management and the title team to identify and resolve title/registration issues as they occur to facilitate timely completion.
- Oversees the monthly registration renewal process to ensure renewals are completed in a timely manner.
- Trains title team and cross-trains others to handle title clerk daily responsibilities.
- Handles Electronic Lien and Title program administration for mandatory states.
- Works with management and the title team in managing and maintaining the Fleet Management title inventory.
- Coordinates retail and wholesale transaction title and registration requirements with Asset Department.
- Develops relationships with The Bancorp internal risk departments, external third party providers and direct merchants.
- Maintains outside relationships with vendors, providing risk solutions in accordance with processes, procedures, and standards.
- Provides input to new system development, vendor selection and other processes to increase the efficiency of the team.
- Reviews and updates team procedures annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or an equivalent certification.
- Four years multi-state automotive titling and registration experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and no more than 2 moving violations or at fault accidents within the last 3 years.
- Supervisory experience of one year.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Problem solver and creative thinker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, Word.
- Strong customer service skills.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer