Conduct audits which may include financial, operational, compliance, and information security audits for assigned processes, departments, and/or divisions throughout the organization.
- Plan and perform audits; analyze the results of audit work; prepare and review work papers to support conclusions; develop recommendations, summarize audit results, conduct entrance and exit meetings, draft audit reports, and resolve outstanding issues.
- Determine purpose, scope and approach based on review of key processes and controls, evaluation of previous audits and findings, and interviews with clients to identify gaps and opportunities to explore through the assessment/audit. Continually raise the bar on controls and processes to minimize risks to the company.
- Research issues and make recommendations to improve process and/or procedures as needed to minimize exposure to risk and fraud.
- Develop strong relationships with business unit management to ensure that company risks are openly discussed and addressed with a focus on problem solving for the ultimate benefit of the organization.
- Track findings to ensure management adequately addresses identified risks and controls weaknesses in a timely manner.
- Respond to client questions and concerns, educating and/or explaining the risks of the current practice, in terms that reflect the level of the audience’s expertise.
- An undergraduate degree in a business-related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years related auditing experience
Relevant professional certification preferred or working towards certifications. Examples include: CPA – Certified Public Accountant, CIA – Certified Internal Auditor, CFSA – Certified Financial Services Auditor, CRMA – Certified in Risk Management Assurance and/or CISA – Certified Information Security Auditor
- Strong working knowledge of audit practices and procedures
- Demonstrate strong problem identification, analysis and problem solving, reporting writing and editing, and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills that foster dialogue, clarify audience understanding through clear and concise information delivery.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment. Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Position may be required to travel to different company sites on occasion
- Understanding of the International Standards for the Professional Practices of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer