Perform a variety of operational risk management activities which align risk activities to the enterprise risk management program framework.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate a variety of analytical reports and statistics on assigned risk assessments, risk profiles, risk scoring, risk status, etc. to support risk assessment program management. Reports include daily, monthly, and annual risk assessment metrics and trends.
- Review, change and update risk dashboard indices and findings as identified by each of the client areas.
- Ensure risk assessments and activities are aligned to the risk management program and associated policy.
- Interpret risk findings using a variety of techniques ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining. Design and validate operational statistics, metrics and historical trends. Prepare findings, conclusions, and recommendations for senior leadership. Use graphics, tables, charts, and a variety of methods to display data in simple, usable and easily readable formats.
- Partner closely with the risk team and business leaders to identify operational risks affecting their business, generate hypotheses to test and understand the most relevant risks. Use knowledge of the area and its operations and/or interview clients/staff to develop an understanding of the scope of the risks. Document and summarize risk findings with clients to provide context and input. Set realistic delivery time frames for risk reports with manager. Continually seek to improve and enhance key risk indicators.
- Present risk findings to requestors. Communicate with others within and outside the department to answer risk questions, enhance their understanding of the risk findings and make suggestions on improvements as needed to enhance risk strategies and actions needed to minimize identified risks.
- Assist manager and team in overall risk planning, information gathering, risk documentation, risk process review and data analysis.
- Design and prepare tracking documents and status updates on risk projects and initiatives. Prepare project delivery schedules, data checkpoints, and report milestones with project leaders. May deliver risk project findings in phases.
- Develop close working relationships with others within the risk and compliance functions to improve understanding of risk assessments and quickly resolve trends and/or issues highlighted in reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years related experience in risk assessment or reporting
- Project management experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of operational risk programs
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer