Loan Administrator I
This position provides support for all loan types managed within the department including RECM, Advisor Financing, S/IBLOC, commercial loans and discontinued loans. Responsible for reviewing and/or booking in the core banking platforms a variety of loans within these portfolios. Is the lead for certain recurring transactions and maintenance updates across the portfolios and for completing quality reviews of certain segments.
- Responsible for the Advisor Financing loan portfolio with respect to booking new loans and follow up on post-closing requirements. Reviews the required, executed documents prior to funding the loan to insure they are complete and accurate. Updates the loan into the core banking system, document retention systems and other ancillary systems.
- Oversees the offshore team processing future funding requests for the RECM loan portfolio. Provides direction and coaching and performs quality reviews of the work.
- Handles various weekly or monthly loan updates for each portfolio including payment receipt, interest rate updates and risk rating updates received directly or from collateral or credit review teams.
- Performs second level QC review of S/IBLOC loan booking.
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly reporting for GL reconciliations and management reporting.
- Demonstrate sound independent decision making, using available resources, and take reasonable actions to address issues with booking and support.
- Act as a subject matter expert providing advice and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Provide timely responses to business units to address customer account questions.
- Support SOX processes and testing; research and provide documents for audits and look-back requests.
- Coordinate, update and maintain procedures relating to areas of responsibility. Train new members to the department.
- Cross train and perform backup for the loan booking and administration roles within the department.
- Build working relationships with other internal partners such as the loan officers, underwriters, and members of the loan servicing team. Maintain open communication channels to effectively and efficiently resolve issues and problems.
- Support special projects for the department including responding to mass data entry needs resulting from look-backs, system product changes, audit recommendations, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Seven years loan administration experience, with a background in commercial and consumer loan servicing.
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with reviewing key loan documents.
- Ability to work effectively across several different key systems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong Excel skills and proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Word, Outlook, etc.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer