Head of Operations
Head the operations services, deposit operations and loan operations and support functions in the US. Lead the overall design, direction, implementation and governance of operational risk controls and effective quality assurance processes for the back office operations including deposit operations, ETF operations, loan operations and operations services. Takes a lead role in enhancing the operating platform across the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct strategic short and long term planning for all functions. Set strategy, direction, policies, and guidelines for all functions and operations to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness. Provide leadership and ongoing planning and management of organizational structures, processes and systems for the quality assurance, data integrity/risk assessment program, CIP, QA, compliance QA, loan accounting, vendor management, BCP, SOX and related functions.
- Develop the annual business plan with responsibility for ensuring cost effective and accurate delivery of business operations, technology and systems solutions to support to the Bancorp diversified back office operations within budgetary allocations. Design and execute business strategies by understanding business needs, processes, and workflows and identify opportunities to streamline procedures, processes and systems, including assessing geographical and vendor support opportunities, outsourcing or offshoring partnerships, and consolidation and enhancement options while maintaining compliance with all regulations.
- Participate as an active member of the senior management council in decisions affecting the overall direction and strategy for the corporation. Critically analyze existing and new products and services to determine if they should be utilized in the business and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Act at all times in the best interests of the organization to introduce, update and maintain audit and other financial, operational and process controls in the back office, systems and technology operations to minimize risks and ensure compliance with all federal agency and banking rules and regulations governing the industry and its products. Focus on the governance and oversight framework and alignment with corporate requirements. Critically assess processes and procedures using six sigma and LEAN process methodologies. Work closely with compliance and risk to ensure all operations are in accordance with all applicable regulatory rules and regulations.
- Lead a geographically diversified and matrixed operations team. Develop and execute a workforce plan to meet business goals. Interview, hire, set high performance standards and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create an energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- As a senior member of the COO’s team works closely with the other members of the team to foster integrated and cross-functional solutions to operating platform issues and opportunities.
- Develop close working partnerships with others throughout the organization, and establish strong and credible relationships with key stakeholders in the business and across the enterprise. Collaborate with business and partners to determine policies and strategies that minimize risk exposure and effectively manage risk while ensuring high productivity and efficiency in the back office functions. Lead routine and ad hoc meetings to communicate, and discuss new, improved, or changing products, services, processes, and associated supporting systems and technology.
- Act as the lead arbitrator on operational and quality issues. Brainstorm solutions with the team and approve actions as needed on the highest level business operations and/or technology problems and issues.
- Review, analyze, and prepare presentations on key operational metrics and business indicators. Develop operational dashboards for management decision-making. Present recommendations and future plans to senior corporate leaders and/or the board of directors to increase operational effectiveness while managing costs and risks.
- Represent the company in relationships with vendors, major clients, industry organizations and other key outside parties and banking officials. Negotiate business alliances and strategic partnerships as needed.
- Act as a key liaison with governmental agencies and auditors during FDIC and other related audits. Implement audit recommendations in the operations and continuously sponsor and act as a role model to adopt controls to ensure compliance and minimize losses for the company.
- Lead other related initiatives as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 15 years related experience performing in a strategic leadership role in operational risk, compliance risk, quality assurance, credit or audit.
- A minimum of 10 years management/leadership experience with demonstrated ability to develop talent and manage team members in numerous locations.
- Strong working knowledge of the financial/banking industry with experience in quality assurance methodologies, data integrity and corporate governance.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification preferred or a related quality/process methodology.
- Expertise with credit and regulations such as SOX, Reg B, Reg Z, CREA/HMDA, Privacy and impacts to the business to set up appropriate processes, QA reviews and other controls to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Strong understanding of risk management, operational risk, quality assurance processes and impacts across business lines and crucial business partners.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Position is required to travel between sites
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer