Fraud Analyst I
Work through daily reporting to identify cardholder activity that violates the banks procedures specific to suspicious activity monitoring. Flag accounts with suspicious behavior and alert the FCRM team of incidents in accordance with the banks procedures. Report department activities to the AVP Fraud Chargeback Dispute Manager on a regular basis.
- Investigates alerts from a variety of fraud report types. Compares the activity from the generated alert to the account details and transactional activity to determine if the activity is unusual and requires further review.
- Reviews cardholder accounts using processor systems, internal search tools, web searches, and queries to research the programs attributes and transactional activity.
- Clears or blocks the account for documentation request, notes the account, and follows up on all blocked accounts until resolution in accordance with bank procedures.
- Completes Unusual Activity Referral forms and submits them to FCRM according to department procedures.
- Monitors department email inbox and responds to customer documentation submissions and inquires.
- Places outbound and receive inbound customer calls, regarding The Bancorp fraud blocked accounts.
- Identifies and recommends new and existing reports change requests related to the monitoring process by evaluating trends and needs of individual programs as it relates to the detection and prevention of money laundering and fraud.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Fraud and AML rules.
- Independent critical reasoning.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer