FIU Senior Investigations Analyst
The FIU Senior Investigations Analyst will assist the VP/FCRM FIU Investigations Manager with a variety of activities including work flow, case reviews, training and guidance of team members. Acts as the first level of escalation on disputes and other issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with assigning/reviewing and approving case work and Investigations performed by the Investigations Analysts.
- Assist with triaging cases and prioritizing case work between all FTE’s and/or Temps to ensure all Analysts have cases assigned to them at all times and monitors the aging of all cases for their respective team.
- Cross train on all duties of the VP/FCRM FIU Investigations Manager to provide back up when needed.
- Cross-train on all duties and responsibilities of the Research Analyst assisting as work load needs dictate.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Investigations team, answer questions from the team and escalate issues as needed.
- Assist VP/FCRM FIU Investigations Manager with managing the monthly/quarterly metrics for the BSA Committee, Board of Directors and TPOC (Third Party Over site Committee) requests.
- Provide training/guidance/tips to all new hires, FTE or Temp and be their coach/mentor.
- Work Investigations cases and/or QA errors on an as needed basis to support the team.
- Act as a liaison between the Investigations team and QA when disputes need to be submitted, be the go to person for Analysts submitting disputes regarding QA errors, investigate the issue and make the final decision to submit the dispute or not.
- Liaise with other departments as needed when additional information and documentation is needed to complete a case review.
- Facilitate and/or leading meetings. Represent the department as needed in cross-divisional meetings.
- Communicate suspicious activity findings to Senior Management and the BSA/AML Officer on a bi-weekly basis within the teams’ status meetings. Keep management informed of escalated situations, keep detailed records of activities, and elevate questions and concerns.
- Disseminate and process Internal updates (i.e. program shut down info, delayed reports)
- Assist Investigations team in pulling processor transactions and placing in a pivot table for the scope of review as needed.
- Assist with the account/card closing/blocking process within the FIU.
- Maintain tracker of outstanding items and follow-up as needed reporting back to the VP/FCRM FIU Investigations Manager on a weekly basis.
- Assist with Law Enforcement call backs requesting supporting documentation from prior SAR’s.
- Provide Maker/Checker assistance as needed for Investigations team involving potentially suspicious activity.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by the VP/FCRM FIU Investigations Manager.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years related AML or Compliance experience
- Strong working knowledge of Transaction Monitoring, SARs, AML and KYC rules and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Creative and outside of the box critical thinker to bring potential enhancements and efficiencies to Management.
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer