FIU Fraud Monitoring Analyst -Temp
Identify, evaluate and report suspicious activity pertaining to web banking, pre-paid, ACH, retail and other account activity. Take appropriate action to prevent, minimize and/or curtail losses against the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review established fraud detection system generated reports to identify fraudulent activity and determine action required to protect the company’s assets.
- Recommend appropriate holds on accounts and document actions taken in accordance with departmental processes, procedures and policies.
- Communicate with customers, financial institutions, and company staff to resolve problems or request additional information and/or documentation.
- Assist in the completion of SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports) ensuring that reports are generated in compliance with established timelines and requirements.
- Monitor CTR transactions supporting the BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) analyst as needed.
- Escalate issues and exceptions to management as needed.
- Suggest changes and updates and assist in the testing of tools and workflows to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the fraud detection tools, processes, and procedures.
- Keep abreast of national and world fraud trends and make recommendations to management to counter current trends and protect customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in criminal justice, financial crimes investigation, auditing or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years proven fraud monitoring, customer service or investigative experience.
- Basic working knowledge of SAR, BSA, and USA PATRIOT Act regulations
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer