Compliance Risk Training Specialist
Design, develop, communicate and disseminate Compliance and Financial Crimes Risk Management (“FCRM”) training (consisting of Alphabet regulations, consumer regulations, lending regulations, AML, Sanctions, Fraud, bribery/anti-corruption and financial crimes related topics) to the organization. Assist in updating or creating Compliance and FCRM and business policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the corporate level Compliance and AML/Sanctions policies, procedures, guidance and training program.
- Manage, draft and update Compliance and AML/Sanctions policy and procedure/trainings.
- Prepare and present timely reports and escalations of significant risks and issues to relevant compliance leadership.
- Work closely with the internal training tools and training vendors to design and deliver relevant on-line Compliance and AML/Sanctions content in ways that engage the adult learner while also meeting all applicable compliance guidelines.
- Negotiate and manage with training vendors to ensure courses are relevant, accessible and cost-effective. Review vendor reports for trends and patterns, e.g. areas where additional training or focus may be required.
- Create and deliver the annual Compliance and FCRM training plan to the Chief Compliance Officer and VP, Deputy FCRM Manager. Monitor activities against the plan to ensure annual goals and objectives are achieved. Prepare training reports, need assessments, and key metrics to compliance management summarizing activities, issues, opportunities and recommendations.
- Develop close working relationships with Corporate Learning and Development (“L&D”), business and legal to identify appropriate training at the individual and role level. As needed assist in developing targeted Compliance and FCRM related training materials.
- Represent Compliance and FCRM functions on training committee and other training related forums. Provide SME perspective to ensure that Corporate Training standards are in alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate training sessions, webinars, and staff meeting presentations for business areas to elevate awareness and understanding of the importance of incorporating Compliance and AML principles and compliance into day to day activities.
- Manage, update and maintain accurate Compliance and FCRM training records for all employees to meet audit and control regulations and standards.
- Provide support with Compliance and FCRM team’s updates to the company’s compliance policies and procedures, providing assistance in drafting and reviewing the following: Compliance policy and program, BSA/AML Policy and program, corporate level AML/Sanctions procedures, Business Unit AML Procedures Manuals, Red Flags, Monthly reporting packs, and Risk Assessments.
- Coordinate with the Enterprise Compliance Manager and FCRM Due Diligence manager to review Third Party’s (i.e. program managers, processors, vendors, prospects, etc.) policies, procedures, and training programs to ensure compliance standards are met. Provide advice and guidance as needed to ensure the appropriate controls, awareness and training activities occur. Visit clients to assess the Compliance and AML/CTF and sanctions programs.
- Partner with corporate communications to communicate compliance requirements to employees. Effectively use social media to disseminate training information and increase employee awareness
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in the regulatory policy field.
- Training certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Extensive knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to money laundering, to include the BSA, the USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC/other sanctions requirements, and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to Compliance, to include Alphabet Regs, lending regulations and consumer regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Travel required between company locations or Third Party locations as needed
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer