Research and resolve cardholder billing disputes and process a variety of transactions on accounts to protect the company’s interests. Perform all activities in accordance with departmental and governmental rules, regulations, processes and procedures.
- Assist cardholders who are disputing charges on their prepaid card statements via telephone or correspondence. Question cardholder as needed to collect relevant information, answer cardholder questions and concerns and set expectations regarding time to investigate and resolve issue. Inform cardholder of relevant processes and procedures that affect their situation. Conduct research activities using multiple processing systems.
- Educate cardholders on Prepaid card regulations, and advise the cardholder of any documentation needed to resolve their dispute.
- Review documentation provided by cardholders to determine whether or not the company has chargeback rights based upon credit card (MasterCard, Visa, etc.) regulations. Contact and communicate with cardholders, merchants, merchant banks, as needed in each case. Effectively present information to and respond to questions from contacts on chargebacks.
- Compose and send appropriate online or manual correspondence when required. Use standard departmental communication formats as applicable. Comment cardholder accounts in order to track history of disputes.
- Process approved chargebacks following credit card (MasterCard, Visa, etc.) regulations and timelines and in accordance with all applicable company processes and procedures. Review and analyze transaction trends for card accounts and decision properly.
- Process Reg E claims as they occur.
- Report all potential issues to management and/or compliance as needed.
- Update and maintain the company’s policy and procedure documents and ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Complete online fee adjustments as necessary based on research and case findings. Calculate figures and amounts such as interest and percentages.
- An associate’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience
- Previous Credit or Prepaid Card experience with a background in chargebacks preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of credit card (MasterCard, Visa, etc.) regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer