Director SEC and Management Reporting
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for SEC reporting, management reporting and the financial close process. One moment you might analyze a variance and discuss possible related actions with the Executive team, next you may research new accounting requirements for a broad-based set of financial services.
Our financial institution is highly profitable and growing in various broad based financial services. This position provides a wide exposure to accounting and management activities, difficult to find in one institution, and provides an invaluable growth opportunity. The role is for the quick rising Reporting Officer that is motivated to grow their career.
- Completes the quarterly earnings release and quarterly S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reports, e.g. 10Q and 10K in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Maintains compliance and implements a broad range of SEC requirements with changing accounting standards.
- Directs the Accounting team on the implementation of new accounting practices, standards and procedures.
- Completes, coordinates, and reviews monthly consolidated financial statements and calculate monthly accruals/adjustments.
- Reviews the monthly financial statements; analyze variances, validate and investigate discrepancies. Interact with management to resolve issues.
- Manages the monthly expense allocation process and create Business Intelligence Center (BIC) reports.
- Fields employee and manager concerns, investigate and resolve issues explains process and rules governing customer documentation and related issues.
- Undergraduate degree in an accounting related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Twelve years accounting experience.
- Certified Public Account (CPA) certification
- Exposure to a broad range of SEC requirements.
- Previous experience in a financial institution preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated analysis skills in a financial environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer