Director Head of PMO
Lead the project management office in planning and managing enterprise-wide projects.
- Manages the enterprise project management team. Interview, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create an energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best.
- Directs project management activities including administer project lifecycle tools and adherence to the methodology, processes, and templates used to plan and manage a wide range of operational projects. Prioritize and assign projects to team, monitor and manage deliveries and issues.
- Runs project prioritization meetings and subcommittee meetings to ensure projects are scheduled in accordance with organizational priorities. Manage project discussions and issues, delegate to team members as appropriate and maintains the master project list.
- Leads operational processes and services for maximum efficiency and accuracy. Implement system, process and procedural changes as needed. Continually improve and enhance operations and processes to ensure customer/client satisfaction and understanding. Ensure team education on processes. Facilitate training of internal and external teams on project lifecycle and related project management issues, e.g. scope, cost, and elevation timeliness.
- Acts as the final escalation point for project issues and concerns for the team. Provide guidance to ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Directs operational quality and risk activities by ensuring that all projects are run and managed in accordance with departmental processes, procedures, and standards (e.g., agile methodology). Follow up and review identified project risks to ensure effective controls are in place to manage the services and processes including change management and contingency issues. Ensure all projects are appropriately documented, updated and maintained in the relevant systems.
- Develops short-term and long-term strategies for the enterprise project management team in conjunction with key executives to drive business results and improve services for internal and external partners and clients.
- Develop presentations and statistical reports for senior management with recommendations regarding potential directions for the business, services, and underlying support processes. Analyze data including project statuses and activities, master project lists, identify trends and patterns and determine changes needed to effectively address issues.
- Develop close working relationships throughout the organization, including but not limited to the internal business lines and corporate functions, specifically business sponsors and associated project team members. Lead and/or participate in routine and ad hoc meetings to discuss new, improved or changing products, services, processes and associated supporting technology affecting the company.
- Represent the department in all aspects of relationship management for internal customers (heads of business lines, business sponsors and team members).
- Represent the department interests on cross-divisional team projects and initiatives. Act as a subject matter expert and liaison for project management services and processes. Assess the impact of changes on the department and communicate project/initiative updates with the team gathering feedback as needed to drive changes that support team interests and concerns.
- Manage or participate in the management of the largest and most complex projects from launch through post-implementation activities.
- Manage operational budgets and finances for the area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years project management experience, preferably in a financial institution, including three years leadership.
- Agile Project Management certification (or working towards such certification) – Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) or Professional/Certified Scrum Master (PSM or CSM).
- Advanced knowledge of and deep familiarity with agile project management methodology.
- Experience transitioning a team/organization and portfolio from waterfall to agile a strong plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution and customer management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer