Director FCRM Investigations & Monitoring Ops
This position report directly to the Managing Director Head of FCRM Planning and Operations.
Lead one of the most critical and dynamic functions within the Bank. Be a part of the division that prevents, detects and mitigates AML risk across the firm and its fintech partners. Collaborate with compliance, legal, and regulatory professionals to provide day-to-day guidance and oversight on Transaction Monitoring and AML Investigations across all lines of business. Looking for innovative thought leaders in the fintech space who can manage and execute against The Bancorp’s unique position within the industry, with a large globally dispersed support team and key stakeholders within and outside the Bank. Interface with a wide spectrum of business partners ranging from Challenger banks, Fintech firms, Networks, and Payment industry leaders. Liaise with regulatory agencies to ensure appropriate presentation of the team’s and the Bank’s achievements in regular reviews, periodic visitations or audit meetings. Looking for dynamic leaders with technological savvy and proven experience in managing large teams, and the ability to scale operations while ensuring AML Compliance as the Bank grows rapidly with very innovative products and services. Looking for those who can execute with a broad team under time pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Provides day-to-day operational oversight, management and guidance to the teams performing Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM), Surveillance, AML Investigations and SAR Reporting.
- Provides operational leadership in ensuring AML Compliance related production keeps pace with business growth, regulatory changes or other demands for transaction monitoring and investigations.
- Ensures high quality in AML Compliance production, through adherence to operational procedures for the Bank in accordance with BSA/AML program laws and regulations.
- Develops and executes a workforce plan to meet business goals. Interviews, hires, sets high performance standards and manages team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Operates as a Change Agent in ensuring continuous performance improvement through leveraging various tools and techniques such as Six Sigma, BPR, Lean, Kaizen etc.
- Develops and maintains management reporting, regulatory/audit communication, monitoring and tracking of program issues. Delivers enterprise executive summaries of activities, actions, controls and remediation projects for the function.
- Oversees criteria for department-related metrics and use management reporting to evaluate the effectiveness of the Transaction Monitoring and Investigations SAR Reporting program.
- Develops close working relationships with business leaders, International and Compliance officers, and others to advance the AML programs a whole and transaction monitoring/SAR filing in specific within the organization.
- Maintains awareness of Financial Crimes related laws and regulations with a focus on fintech, challenger/neo banks, pre-paid and retail banking industry, pending rules and regulatory changes, etc. Provide guidance as required for surveillance, anti-fraud activities, AML Investigations or SAR processes to the relevant FCRM and LOB teams.
- Enhances the transaction monitoring systems used such as: Actimize, SAS reporting, BOBJ reporting, etc. Partners with Systems Intelligence and Technology teams in developing innovative surveillance or monitoring net approaches.
- Leads other BSA/AML operational control related initiatives and projects.
- Supports the Head of Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) Planning and Operations in overall coverage of the AML Program as it applies to these teams and the functions they support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ten years AML/Sanctions transaction monitoring and KYC systems experience, including five years leadership with demonstrated ability to motivate and manage a large team.
- Previous operations management experience to support production in a rapidly growing and dynamic industry.
- In-depth knowledge of SAR filing, Investigations reporting, Transaction Monitoring or Fraud monitoring in the banking/prepaid industry.
- Deep understanding of key fintech/prepaid business and overarching program initiatives to integrate business, legal and regulatory concepts.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to professionally interface with senior executives, business unit management and staff.
- Ability to manage a team with multiple and/or shifting priorities and produce professional and accurate work, sometimes under time constraints.
- A team player able to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Proficient in Actimize or other automated transaction monitoring system(s).
- Technically proficient, with understanding of AI, Machine Learning or Predictive Modeling in the AML space.
- Less than 10 percent of travel expected.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer