Consumer Loan Officer I
A closer look at this position:
Develop and service consumer loans in accordance with credit policy requirements, primarily through Institutional Banking.
As a Consumer Loan Officer I, you will:
- Process and document loans for IB affinity partners. Enter the application in appropriate systems, order credit bureau reports, OFAC searches, address checks, etc. following all current procedures.
- Interface with Collateral Management Team to determine eligible loan amounts using the company guidelines for investment assessments. Evaluate the credit risk associated with the current portfolio. May make recommendations to the financial advisor if additional amounts are needed than the applicant qualifies for based on the existing asset allocation of the portfolio.
- Prepare loan approvals in accordance with risk, compliance, and regulatory processes and procedures to minimize loss to the organization and make recommendations through appropriate channels for the final decision. Gather and present all documents for review as needed. Ensure loan packages are accurate, complete and support recommended positions. Obtain all appropriate approvals and signatures as needed for approved loans.
- Prepare loan documentation for consumer, commercial & trust registration types using various software and word processing applications in accordance with loan approval and workflow. Prepare loan document packages to be distributed to borrowers in various methods for execution.
- Contact advisors and/or borrowers as needed to process loans and resolve pending issues and inquiries. Track and follow up as needed for document return to encourage faster processing times.
- Perform post-closing reviews of executed loan documents. Verify that documents are executed, notarized, and dated correctly. Track missing or incorrect information and follow up as needed to ensure receipt of items before closing the file. Prepare initial disbursements of loan proceeds.
- Process change in terms requests for existing loans. Review information provided, complete appropriate documentation, assess the loan against the established guidelines and forward a recommendation to appropriate channels.
- Perform various back up activities for other team members as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of 2 years related consumer lending or banking experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure to meet multiple deadlines
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Proficient in Laser Pro Lending Software or loan documentation software a plus
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer