Chief Information Officer
Head the company’s information systems and technology functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct strategic short and long term planning for all functions. Set strategy, direction, policies, and guidelines for all functions and operations to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead technology infrastructure, development, operations, and design. Create and manage the information technology platforms to ensure the appropriate framework of systems, applications, and operations are in place to support both the current and future organizational needs.
- Develop the annual business plan with responsibility for ensuring cost effective and accurate delivery of business operations and technology and systems solutions to support to the Bancorp diversified businesses within budgetary allocations. Design and execute business development strategies to identify geographical and vendor support opportunities, outsourcing or offshoring partnerships, and consolidation and enhancement options as needed.
- Participate as an active member of the senior management team in decisions affecting the overall direction and strategy for the corporation.
- Act at all times in the best interests of the organization to introduce, update and maintain audit and other financial controls in the back office, systems and technology operations to minimize risks and ensure compliance with all federal agency and banking rules and regulations governing the industry and its products. Work closely with compliance and risk to ensure all operations are in accordance with all applicable regulatory rules and regulations. Partner in disaster recovery and business continuity plan discussions to minimize downtime for clients and the business in the event of a system or network issue.
- Lead a geographically diversified and matrixed team. Develop and execute a workforce plan to meet business goals. Interview, hire, set high performance standards and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create an energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Develop close working partnerships with others throughout the organization, including but not limited to the key revenue generating business clients i.e., Prepaid Card, Payment Acceptance Group, Commercial Fleet Leasing, Small Business Lending, Consumer Lending, as well as the corporate areas such as legal, risk and compliance, and human resources. Lead routine and ad hoc meetings to market, communicate, and discuss new, improved, or changing products, services, processes, and associated supporting systems and technology.
- Act as the lead arbitrator on technology. Brainstorm solutions with the team and approve actions as needed on the highest level business operations and/or technology problems and issues.
- Review, analyze, and prepare presentations on key operational metrics and business indicators. Present recommendations and future plans to senior corporate leaders and/or the board of directors to increase operational effectiveness while managing costs.
- Represent the company in relationships with vendors, major clients, industry organizations and other key outside parties and banking officials. Negotiate business alliances and strategic partnerships as needed.
- Act as a key liaison with governmental agencies and auditors during FDIC and other related audits. Implement audit recommendations in the information technology and systems operations and continuously sponsor and act as a role model to adopt controls to ensure compliance and minimize losses for the company.
- Lead other related initiatives as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in business, computer science, information management or a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 15 years related experience leading a major division with deep technical expertise in a variety of information systems and back office operational areas.
- A minimum of 10 years management/leadership experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the financial/banking industry
- Expertise in Information systems and technology platforms, applications, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Position is required to travel between sites
“The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability."
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer