AVP, Senior Writer
The Senior Writer will focus primarily on creating content for all digital, print, video, web marketing collateral and maintaining existing material in circulation. The senior writer is required to develop high-quality content for a variety of marketing mediums, while closely adhering to compliance rules and brand standards. Collaborating with the Senior Marketing Manager and Art Director, this individual will write engaging and persuasive marketing materials, in the simplest form, that is easy to understand for our multiple audiences in the banking industry. The senior writer is responsible for gaining product knowledge and understanding the financial industry, specific to, but not limited to Payments, Small Business Lending, Wealth Management/Institutional Banking, Real Estate Capital Markets and Commercial Fleet Leasing. Writing, editing and proofreading copy, having broad expertise in all forms of copywriting are critical for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write compelling creative copy for The Bancorp Lines of Business (Payments, SBL, Fleet Leasing, Real Estate Capital Markets, and Institutional Banking) and have an advanced understanding of the technical aspects of how our products work.
- Develop conceptual work in coordination with the Senior Marketing Manager and Art Director for materials that are both strategic and on-brand.
- Leverage market research and trending data to inform strategic direction, keeping both lines of business and fellow communicators informed on a proactive basis.
- Ensure that all marketing materials are within our compliance and legal standards prior to production/deployment and possibly interface with the SME of these departments to work toward a common goal.
- Proactivly contribute to the team’s efforts by demonstrating leadership and focus on developing creative solutions to issues and challenges facing marketing.
- Adhere to established workflows and make recommendations on how to improve workflows as appropriate. Be an advocate to the process as a senior-level employee.
- Facilitate program metrics with Senior Marketing Manager to assess effectiveness of marketing programming; make recommendations for modifications accordingly.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 7-10 years of marketing experience within banking/financial services company.
- Strong experience in direct response, lead generation and lead conversion programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of creative process and workflow, with samples of stellar work product.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Excels in presentation skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of a creative workflow process from concept through production.
- Overarching understanding of integrated marketing disciplines.
- Strong service orientation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team oriented, collaborator; open minded to all ideas, feedback and suggestions.
- Strong time management qualifications.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented and able to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Promote a culture of high quality and continuous improvement that values learning, responsibility and commitment.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer