AVP Senior Payment Operations
The Sr. AVP of Payment Operations will directly work with the VP of ACH Operations and Director of Operations on processes and projects that impact Payments throughout the Bank (ACH, Wires and Real Time Payments). This role will require cross functional collaboration between our Payment Groups, Information Technology, Financial Crimes Risk Management, other Operational teams and the various support groups (PMO, Compliance, Audit). It will be critical for this role to gain a full end to end understanding of the Payment Systems to assist with resolving production issues, identify and implement increased controls, determine efficiency opportunities and support new business development. This role will lead Compliance, Audits and FDIC support for all of Payment Operations. This role will be responsible for supporting the Payments group during the sales cycle to present functionality that currently exists and work with internal stakeholders to determine feasibility of requested customer changes. The individual will also support the testing and onboarding of new clients working with LOB’s during the required annual monitoring and due diligence. The individual will be responsible for identifying trends in the market and presented to Senior Operations & Payment Leadership the ability to support these trends or present enhancements to support new revenue opportunities.
- Represents Payment Operations with important functional stakeholders, including: Payments, IT, FCRM and VMO to provide operational solutions to strategic business needs.
- Leads project work between internal clients, vendors, and IT to resolve system and other technical issues affecting processing for payment types. Determines scope of problem, including: identifying all clients who may be impacted by the issue, estimated time to resolve issue, contact internal clients and provide status updates, and determine the need to switch to alternate or contingency processing workflow/platforms to meet processing deadlines. Alerts leadership to major issues and recommendations.
- Provides strategic analysis, recommendation and help influence key decisions by senior leadership regarding the Payment systems utilized by the Bank and leads efforts to identify requirements, fully test and implement system changes.
- Identifies marketplace trends and works across senior Payments leadership to demonstrate operational capabilities to meet client demands or future opportunities.
- Services client needs, including: presenting Payment support solutions and showcasing capabilities to enhance client experience. Leads clients during onboarding process to ensure proper integration, testing, documentation and adherence to rules and regulations.
- Drives, ensures and assists with the designing and monitoring of disaster recovery and business continuity plans and Payment Operations procedures. Establishes monitoring parameters to provide an early warning of issues and/or problems with file transfer and vendor processes. Establishes escalation paths to insure notification of and resolution of issues.
- Leads the change management process for payment systems projects, conversions and implementations. Works with VP of Payment Operations, Payments teams and vendors to ensure future product releases cover changes in business needs and ensure testing, and quality assurance are performed per department policies and procedures, documentation is updated, department staff trained on new procedures or processes and system changes or client go-live events are communicated timely to all effected bank teams.
- Analyzes and monitors ongoing opportunities to maximize operational and systemic efficiencies and to reinforce core system and procedural redundancies. Presents recommendations to leadership.
- Participates in 3rd party fin-tech providers RFPs to ensure all solutions will integrate smoothly with existing platforms and processes and to ensure that solutions can be supported by Payment Operations.
- Partners with the systems development teams to build additional functionality, notifications, and other application and platform modifications as needed.
- Maintains awareness of regulatory updates impacting ACH, Wires and Real Time Payments.
- Acts as the primary escalation contact for client relationship managers for elevated client issues and work between Operations and other support teams to resolve issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ten years payment operations experience in financial industry.
- AAP (Accredited Automate Clearinghouse Professional) certification.
- High level knowledge of payment rules and regulations.
- Experience in Rapid Funds Transfer and Real Time Payments.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following systems: SFTP vendor, in-house file movers, ACH payment platforms, wires payment platforms, cash management system, any internal automated jobs, etc.
- High level of verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to drive through to resolution on all issues.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- High level of demonstrated analytical abilities, exceptional detail-oriented focus, with ability to be a decisive, problem solver while working under pressure to resolve problems.
- High level of MS Office applications knowledge, e.g., Word, Excel.
- Must show initiative, reliability and team orientated attitude.
- Travel between Wilmington, DE and Sioux Falls, SD may be necessary.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer