AVP IB Loan Closing Officer
Perform the due diligence required to collect, track, examine and accept the required documentation from clients to facilitate conventional loan closings. Manage the loan closing process and interact directly with applicants, bankers, attorneys, and third-party providers to efficiently close loans.
- Collects, reviews, and accepts or obtains approval for all loan documentation essential for loan closing. Ensures compliance of third-party provided reports, e.g. business valuations, insurance certificates, UCC searches and filings, etc.
- Manages the closing process for the client, creating an efficient and pleasant experience. Communicates with internal and external partners to streamline processes and improves the client experience while ensuring quality and compliance guidelines are met.
- Creates and maintains tracking checklists to validate loan closings are managed within guidelines. Updates and manages data in loan tracking systems. Performs the follow up and collects post-close documentation to support the loan per tickler reporting.
- Follows up with applicants or applicable parties to obtain missing information. Reviews information, cross-check data for inconsistency and documents any non-standard matters with approval.
- Manages the flow of information between underwriting, operations, legal counsel, and others involved in the loan process. Develops close working partnerships with parties during the loan documentation, approval and closing process.
- Prepares loan authorization in accordance with loan approval and credit analysis. Prepares amendments and obtains approval.
- Builds, scans, assembles and maintains all loan files in accordance with company procedures, processes, and standards
- Completes and/or reviews all required loan closing documentation following Bank guidelines.
- Accounts for fees and charges due within each loan file to minimize loss or missed fee reimbursement. Prepares and processes loan funding requests to maintain accurate records, documentation and account reconciliation.
- Reports loan inconsistency validates information provided within the loan due diligence process and maintains the highest ethical integrity throughout the loan process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years conventional loan or SBA loan closing experience.
- Exceptional client service skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Knowledge of entity and trust formation documentation and willingness to cross train and provide support to other product lines with reviewing documentation.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer