AVP Credit Portfolio Specialist
Support the Institutional Banking credit portfolio products by analyzing applicant’s investment portfolios to determine loan suitability and lendable amounts, daily monitoring and managing the collateral securing the credit portfolio and providing customer service to financial advisors, agents and clients.
- Evaluates new applications using the company’s collateral management system. Analyzes client’s investment portfolios to determine a loan amount based on the market value and asset allocation of the portfolio.
- Recommends line of credit amounts and advance rates in accordance with departmental lending policies and procedures based on client assets. Reviews securities not in the program and determines if it can be used as collateral and recommend an advance rate.
- Documents initial lending assessment noting any exceptions to policy or unusual portfolio situations.
- Monitors the collateral that secures the credit portfolio daily through the collateral management system. Identifies issues and notifies the financial advisor, agent or borrower of the situation, providing suggestions and recommended remedies. Follows up with advisors and agents to ensure that the collateral need is addressed within the designated time frames and that corrective actions are being taken.
- Prepare and send to the borrower default letters and informs Director Consumer Lending when the collateral issue escalates to an “exclusive control” situation.
- Maintains awareness of daily fluctuations in the securities which might adversely affect the value of our collateral or the credit portfolio in general. Monitors actions communicated through insurance company correspondence.
- Reads periodicals and current news updates to stay abreast of overall market directions and develop knowledge of specific securities, e.g., stocks, bonds, and other investment vehicles.
- Resolves client and advisor inquiries received by phone, fax or e-mail. Handles a variety of daily service and account maintenance activities including distribution requests, issuing checks and wires, delinquent payments and offer solutions for issues that arise. Educates clients and advisors on the loan products.
- Maintains strong working relationships with various third-party partners and their respective advisors, agents and clients, and internal groups, such as the loan operations team, Institutional Banking and Consumer Collections.
- Generates daily system reports to monitor and track collateral and portfolio activities and manage daily activities within specified timelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years Finance, Credit or Banking experience working directly with securities, insurance or in a financial instruments’ operations team.
- Strong working knowledge of loan accounting (FIS) and collateral management systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft core systems (e.g., Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of securities market, life insurance and products.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals, management, team members and external partners and clients.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve as issues arise.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer