AVP, Business Development Officer
A closer look at this position:
Act as an internal wholesaler for the institutional banking business products and services, making daily calls to clients and prospects within the assigned territory.
As a AVP, Business Development Officer, you will:
- Achieve territory quota by calling advisors within the assigned territory to promote The Bancorp’s products, e.g. SBLOC, and services.
- Partner with the assigned Business Development Officer to develop new advisor relationships and strategically grow product penetration.
- Handle existing client and prospect questions and ensure that all direct sales-related support is provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Act as the subject matter expert for advisor-related questions. Explain products and services in depth to ensure advisors understand how to best position product with their clients.
- Work with the assigned Business Development Officer to prepare, design and implement marketing campaigns within your territory.
- Research advisors in your territory, identify opportunities and prospects for new business and make recommendations to leadership for planning campaigns to increase product penetration and usage.
- Manage assigned territory leads and accounts within Salesforce. Update SalesForce to assure leads are accurate and qualified. Enter all activities into the system and prepare status reports on quarterly progress against goals.
- Grow and manage territory pipeline.
- Provide recommendations on sales ideas, sales activities, and related tasks and coordinate execution of approved concepts.
- Build strong internal contact network to resolve service and other business-related issues for clients. Work with internal departments such as consumer lending, communications, legal, compliance and other groups as needed to manage win-win solutions for the clients on process, credit and related issues associated with the client accounts.
- Meet monthly team goals for outbound calls, campaigns and other related sales initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes, if your credentials include:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years related financial services sales experience with emphasis on working with RIA’s (Registered Investment Advisors) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of sales, customer service, and financial services industry
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Salesforce
- Travel to cover assigned territory upon approval
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
- Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
- Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
- Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
- Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
- Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
- Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer