VP, Enterprise Risk Manager
Manage risk initiatives including establishing the risk and control framework across the Bank, designing and implementing risk and control self-assessment (RCSA), new product development and business initiatives, providing governance and oversight, supporting initiatives outlined by the leadership team, risk assessments, risk monitoring and MIS reporting. Provide subject matter expertise and advice to the department heads/leads.
- Partner with Enterprise Risk leadership to ensure a clear and comprehensive view of the Enterprise Risk Framework is created and socialized across the Bank
- Develop and implement Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA) within targeted Business Units and Functions to ensure appropriate controls and risk mitigation practices are in place. This includes establishing a testing and monitoring framework,
- Work collaboratively across Business Units and Functions to understand their global operations and current risk environment, including helping identify critical business exposures and key risks by gathering information and conducting risk assessments; and if appropriate, consult on risk mitigation strategies
- Use analytics, business rules, risk models and/or other risk tools and techniques to detect behaviors and risk factors that may indicate activity that warrants further investigation or action
- Prepare and distribute regular MIS reporting (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) concerning risk monitoring activities
- Evaluate existing governance programs for effectiveness and consistency with regulatory expectations and industry leading practices. This includes taking a proactive part in the role out of new business/products and services.
- Perform walkthroughs and assist critical lines of business with process mapping and risk identification, designing the controls framework and testing the controls
- Facilitate activities as needed, including end-to-end processes reviews, risk assessments and policy comparisons to ensure consistency and the closure of any gaps. This includes, helping to develop process maps, and risk registers with overlays of controls to ensure efficiencies and risk are identified.
- Identify meaningful metrics or key risk indicators (KRIs) with the business leads to inform on the health of the operational risk and control environment
- Serve as a key contributor to the requirements and implementation of the firm’s Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) system.
- Influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, and executive management partners.
- Maintain strong relationships with senior leaders, including executive management, and related control groups.
- Help drive a culture of safety and soundness across the Bank.
- A minimum of 7 years related experience in a risk related field, including a focus on Operational Risk Management.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A Post Graduate Degree or Industry Qualification preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and services
- Proven track record with operational risk programs in a Financial Institution
- Strong analytical, data, problem-solving and decision-making skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A self-starter who has the ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and other programming skills
- Strong Process Mapping skills including Microsoft Visio preferred
- Position is required to travel as needed
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer