Manage the daily activities of the Fraud/Chargeback staff, providing expertise and direction as needed on internal Fraud/Chargeback reporting processes and procedures, client program parameters and resolving elevated issues.
- Manage Fraud/Chargeback team. Interview, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures. Create a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best. Develop and coach staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Manage and delegate departmental workload. Organize and prioritize staff activities, assign tasks to meet business needs and facilitate and manage training to develop team skills in Fraud/Chargeback processes. Use a variety of operational reports to oversee and manage departmental workload and performance. Seeks ways to operate more efficiently while protecting the company from risks and losses.
- Evaluate the monitoring processes and procedures for the detection and prevention of fraud and loss prevention. Recommend and implement changes to the procedures for individual programs as needed to protect the company’s interests.
- Design, test, and implement reporting and fraud alerts with various systems and raw data to detect fraud and to prevent further incidents and events from occurring. Troubleshoot, detect, and resolve fraud and money laundering events, coordinating with others within and outside the organization as needed.
- Monitor the actions of the ISO (Independent Sales Offices) and MSPs (Member Service Providers) for internal and regulatory compliance. Address issues as needed.
- Respond to escalated customer issues and calls elevated by the team. Troubleshoot issues, and provide Fraud/Chargeback expertise and direction. Act as a customer service role model to the team by providing win-win solutions to clients.
- Represent the interests of the team with other internal departments. Maintain close working relationships and partner with others within and outside the department as appropriate to communicate issues and ensure the timely resolution of internal and external customer questions.
- Design, and prepare a variety of operational ad hoc and standard reports to track departmental statistics, identify trends and patterns, and aid in assessing and streamlining processes and procedures. Present report findings and recommend actions as needed to senior leadership.
- Initiate and implement addendums and changes to programs. Communicate all changes to appropriate vendors and verify compliance with internal and external regulatory processes. Prepare training materials as needed to educate vendors and appropriate parties of changes to procedures and processes.
- Update and maintain internal procedure documentation and ensure staff is trained on appropriate process steps.
- Support internal and external auditors providing records, reports and documentation as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience with a strong background in fraud monitoring/investigations, chargeback processing and rules in a credit or stored value card environment. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in SAR and CTR filing
- Previous experience working in a credit/stored value card banking environment preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years previous leadership or management experience.
- ACAMS certification preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of credit card (e.g. MasterCard, Visa, etc.) regulations and advanced knowledge of credit card dispute regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer