FCRM Transaction Monitoring Analyst I
Monitor transactions for potentially suspicious activities, identify, investigate and document suspicious activities, and complete Suspicious Activity Reports in accordance with regulatory rules and regulations.
- Conducts periodic and scheduled internal account and customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity. Uses departmental and governmental standards and processes when conducting reviews.
- Analyzes transactional information to identify risks, trends, and potential suspicious activity in accordance with company and regulatory standards and controls.
- Documents steps taken throughout the investigation escalation process to ensure the activity record is updated and maintained for audit and compliance purposes.
- Develops close working relationships with bankers to obtain relevant information related to their client’s transaction activity in support of suspicious or potentially suspicious activities. Gather the details and facts needed to determine suspicious activity within the position’s scope of responsibility.
- Prepares Internal unusual or suspicious referrals for Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) considerations in accordance with established procedures, regulatory guidelines and time frames.
- Interviews customers as needed in potential suspicious activity situations to determine and document facts as part of the investigation.
- Escalates suspicious activity cases to law enforcement in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Communicate suspicious activity findings and cases to management. Keep management informed of situations as they arise, keep detailed records of activities, and elevate questions and concerns.
- Provides training, coaching, and provide insights and recommendations to other team members or investigators.
- Provides guidance to ensure consistent and clear understanding of SAR requirements.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on AML (Anti-Money Laundering), KYC (Know Your Customer) issues sharing knowledge with others.
- Execute and implement projects, process and initiatives within the AML transaction monitoring team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- One year AML or compliance experience.
- Strong working knowledge of SARs, AML and KYC rules and regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer