Director: Partner Sales & Relationship Management
Work with us. You have talent. We have opportunities.
ARE YOU READY TO BE EXCEPTIONAL?
If you are, you’ve come to the right place. The Bancorp, Inc. offers exceptional opportunities to build a rewarding and lasting career. Our company’s success is largely fueled by our ability to attract and retain individuals who are driven to excel. The diverse team we have assembled has helped us build one of the most innovative companies in the financial technology world. No other organization does what we do. And no other organization delivers what we can deliver.
A closer look at this position:
Manage our existing partner relationships and lead and grow and develop an origination/wholesaling organization made up of both internal and external originators/wholesalers. Manage and execute strategies to reach annual revenue targets by cross-selling existing Bancorp solutions and services through our existing intermediary partner platforms.
As a Director: Partner Sales & Relationship Management, you will:
- Lead, manage and coach a team of sales professionals in a business-to-business (B2B) sales environment. Interview, hire, set high performance standards, and manage team performance in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Create a flexible and energized work environment, fostering an atmosphere that enables employee trust and engagement. Inspire confidence and motivate others to perform at their best.
- Develop staff while effectively addressing performance issues.
- Achieve assigned sales targets for loan volume and outstanding balances.
- Achieve assigned sales targets for cross-selling deposit services and deposit balances.
- Achieve assigned sales targets for new product/service cross-selling.
- Ensure that wholesalers are achieving monthly outbound call targets.
- Develop and manage the existing IB Partner relationships by creating an annual business plan for each partnership and being responsible and accountable for the plan’s execution.
- Manage the negotiation/renegotiation of partner program pricing and program profitability, as required
- Oversee various small to medium sized projects throughout the year and develop processes and procedures that support related work.
- Participate with the Service Delivery team in meetings and presentations with/for client firms and make decisions on financial matters including but not limited to, price and contract negotiations.
- Coach Business Development staff on an ongoing basis to optimize their results both internally and externally.
- Work collaboratively with various departments that support Institutional Banking including operations, finance, legal, marketing, and compliance.
- Manage the client-specific rollout plan for new platform, products and services of Talea, ensuring a smooth introduction and accelerated advisor adoption of our lending platform.
- Act as a point of escalation for all service related issues with existing IB partnerships and coordinate successful resolution of those service issues.
- Lead other related activities as assigned.
You’ve got what it takes:
- Strong working knowledge of the U.S. financial services industry, the banking industry (depository and non-depository) and the financial advisory market place
- Thorough understanding of banking products and providers, as well as non-bank intermediary advisory channels
- Outstanding presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to think on feet, problem solve, listen, persuade and develop win-win solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Ability to communicate client firm issues, needs, and expectations with internal groups at The Bancorp.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Minimum 50% travel required.
Your credentials include:
An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
An advanced degree preferred.
A minimum of 7 years’ related B2B financial services sales experience required, preferably in the business services space.
Strategic planning experience
Chart your career path at The Bancorp:
Be part of an exceptional team focused on excellence, collaboration and high achievement.
Follow your ambitions through professional development opportunities and performance management.
Choose from a comprehensive benefits package.
Thrive with a company that supports work-life balance and personal fulfillment.
Maintain personal well-being through our wellness program.
Join us in living a culture of compliance to ensure that every corner of our organization understands and fulfills its legal and regulatory obligations.
Contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace with your unique talents and perspective.
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer