Director of Regulatory Oversight (Enterprise Wide)
Lead the enterprise wide regulatory oversight, regulatory affairs, and exam management efforts. Act as an internal consultative resource to support regulatory remediation efforts for consumer compliance, BSA/AML, Sanctions, Third Party Risk Management, and lines of business.
- Maintain and enhance the enterprise regulatory oversight and interaction framework.
- Direct strategic short and long term regulatory oversight planning and management for the organization. In collaboration with Department Heads, set strategy, direction, methodology, policies, and guidelines for regulatory affairs including establishing management and administrative procedures to ensure adherence to policies and providing approval procedures regulatory interactions.
- Provide support to enterprise wide regulatory remediation projects and initiatives including project management, thought leadership, daily issues management and identification and resolution of potential issues.
- Work closely with federal and state governmental agencies and auditors on examinations and audits. Lead the Bank’s response to examinations and provide leadership, consultation and advice to internal departments during examinations and audits. Ensure the implementation of examination and audit findings and recommendations and provide subject matter support to the company’s lines of business on regulatory matters. Develop strong working partnerships with examiners.
- Prepare and deliver summary reports and presentations for senior leadership and the Board on the state of regulatory affairs throughout the enterprise. Act as an internal consultative resource and lead regulatory remediation projects in support of risk management, consumer compliance, third party risk, and financial crimes risk management
- Act as additional resource to support enterprise regulatory initiatives. Assist in the development of key performance standards, regulatory frameworks, and reporting.
- Maintain familiarity with the Bank’s business areas and product lines and proactively assess any emerging regulatory risks presented by current or proposed changes in the law or industry or supervisory guidance. Serve as an advisor as it relates to regulations.
- Take a leadership role in developing and delivering efficient and analytically regulatory compliance MIS.
- Develop interaction frameworks with the regulators to ensure effective, efficient and accurate communications between all parties.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all laws and regulations pertinent to the Bancorp.
- Collaborate with various groups within the FCRM, Consumer Compliance, Third Party Risk Management, Risk Enterprise Organization, and lines of business to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Assist in the preparation for examinations by ensuring that all parties have uploaded the required documentation to the QuickBase system
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A masters degree or juris doctorate degree a plus
- A minimum of 15 years related experience in the banking industry, federal/state government banking agency (OCC, FED, FDIC, etc.) working experience preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing compliance advisory support, oversight and guidance to lines of business with exposure to remediation efforts and projects
- Exceptional knowledge of BSA/AML, OFAC, and Consumer Compliance
- Strong business knowledge of payments, leasing, institutional banking and small business lending
- Executive presence and ability to influence at all levels across the organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
Employment with The Bancorp includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, OFAC, education and past employment.
The Bancorp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Bancorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer